Thursday, March 5, 2009

1000 Markets

Well, I finally decided I had too much spare time on my hands, and I needed to be on the Internet more. Actually I did some review and noted that I have items in my Etsy shop which have been there more then a year. While I love having a huge Etsy bill (sarcasm) I want
to give items a chance to sell. And Etsy has been getting crowded of late. So after plumbing the options discusses in the forums I thought I'd give 1000 Markets a try.
Most important in this decision is the cost - nada. Until I sell something it cost me not one thin dime, so what's to lose? Besides a whole lot of time that is...
When something sells 5% is automatically deducted, actually a little bit lower then using Paypal and Etsy. It's very easy to download pictures and they are actually displayed a little larger, so I don't have to worry about "what will this look like at 1/2 inch?". Listing is otherwise quite easy, and stats are on site (not as interesting as Google Analytics, but more convenient) That said I've had 16 views in two weeks. Nobody wants to let me into their market either *pout*
Come take a look, the site is nice and easy to use, the goods rather nice. I'm willing to give it a try for all my goods that are expiring.

No comments: