Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Drowning in Knitting Needles...

In fact, I could cast on a project with every ball of yarn I own, and still have all the little sizes laying around. I recently redid my needle cozy after I found it constantly overflowing, In fact I doubled the capacity and increased the number of slots (instead of just having a few big ones. I originally made this in about 10 minutes several years ago, when I just started knitting seriously.

Well, It had been folded over, so I undid all the stiching and made it a double layer affair. The front panel above looks alot like it used to, neater lines mostly. I then added slots for organizing all my double points, and a pocket for accessories like stitch pins and a needle gauge. With twice the surface area for needles I still have a set of long double points and some pairs of size 13 that don't fit...
My boyfriend walked in while I was laying out this mess, and he says "Jesus! I thought you sold a lot on needles!" Well, like 15 pairs, but I think I may sell a few more. I decided I didn't need more than two pairs of each size... I may need to decide that one is enough, of the odd sizes, or I'll just sell plastic...I am addicted to needles I think. Oops, that sounds really bad! So if you see me in a few years out on Colfax talking to myself with a twitch, donate yarn OK?

2 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Your so organized!

Pink said...

OCD will do that...now if only I got the sudden urge to clean my kitchen!