Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quilting Experiment Continued...

So after the quickness with which the little squares went I figured that the rest of the quilt would be a breeze! Not quite, took longer then I expected to pin the binding in place over three layers - top, batting, back - and a few places missed one or more layer and had to be stitched over... ugh. But it's super cute!
Now I am doing the actual quilting part, by hand because I have a ton of quilting thread I need to use up. I used a nifty chalk wheel dodad that is totally awesome (clover product...) to mark a leaf motif across the back, and started stiching. One row down, 4 more to go. At my current pace that's 8 hours...
This kid had better love the shit out of his baby quilt!

1 comment:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Yeah, quilting can take a long time, but I think that the end results are well worth it!