Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yarnia

No, that is not a picture of spaghetti night at my house, it is something far more yummy! Freshly spun yarn washed and soaking to be dyed. Yesterday was color day in my house, and the sweet smell of vinigar and wet wool heralds the coming of new yarns.

I did two simple colorways, the whole thing submerged in a light dyebath, and slowly pulled out as more color is added. Blues were the tone for the day since it's the color of winter, not that it's been very winter-y around here...


It was warm and sunny in fact, so I was able to hang the yarns outside to dry. The colors really pop in the sun! Wish my lawn was that green in the summer (>.<)







These two colorways, and some recently carded fiber blends will be popping up in my Etsy shop this week, for all your knitting pleasure. I hope many of you made a new year's resolution to be crafty!

No comments: