Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Changing it up...

I recently changed up the way I sew my handles on to my bags, earth-shattering I know. But the new way is every bit as sturdy, and looks a bit neater. Not to mention it doesn't involve changing the stitch length or direction anywhere so it's more uniform. Why do I feel the need to share this on my blog?
I think very often we get into ruts, habits we cling to for no reason. Why is it I always sew my handles on the old way? Because that's how I'd done it for some 5 years, and I was accustomed to it. Perhaps we should take a moment every now and then to pause and question, why is it like this? Am I doing things this way for a reason? Perhaps there are more things I can change-up to make my craft better... What about you?

1 comment:

Donna said...

Have I told you how much I love your blog. And it is so perfectly named. Your comments about handles haveme thinking. A good thing!