Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weaving for Fun and Profit

Lest week I pulled out an old loom that had been stored in the garage. My sister actually found it in a dumpster and pulled it out for me. It was beat up and I was in a tiny apartment so it was put away for a year. I attempted to assemble it, and discovered the heddles are no longer hung, and there was no indication about how to string them, so I went on the search.

I called many shops, and finally dragged it up to Shuttles Spindles and Skeins. They are absolutely great with things like this and really went out of their way to help me, and never ask for a cent! Unfortunately the consensus was "Well, all the pieces are there, don't know how they hang though..." So I took my research off the net and into the archives, Mom's Book Store that is.

No info on the loom I have, but some general weaving books, and this treasure...
Not, unfortunately the loom I have, but what a great sales piece! "in a few moments of spare time a day one can find a profitable home business..." The reverse has an image of their smaller "home loom". Stashed with this flier was a letter from the company. It seems a lady had attempted to order the smaller loom and they were trying for the upsell. "truly profitable!"

The Shuck and Jive never ends eh?

No comments: