Saturday, June 13, 2009

SAM

Yep, it's that time again, the Art Student's League of Denver's Summer Art Market (ugh, that's a pile of acronyms). I went today, pleasant weather and a good crowd. Much of the painting is strictly student, sort of boring landscapes and portraits etc... It sounds cruel I know, but that's my opinion. There are a few people making marvelous stuff (mixed media assemblies, colorful screen prints are just a few) but what really shines is the 3-d stuff. Yes, slight bias, but I used to be a painter! There are many talented folks in the ceramics studio who made some fabulous stuff for this show, I hope they do well!

The show continues tomorrow, 8:30 AM- 5 PM. It's taking up the intersection of 2nd and Grant near the South Broadway shopping district, don't miss it!

No comments: